A central Orange County location, short commutes to work, and an endless list of places at which to shop, dine and play are just some of the perks of living in Uptown Irvine. But for many residents of LUX, there’s one benefit in a class of its own. Located within the prestigious Irvine Unified School District, LUX’s youngest residents will attend award-winning Irvine Unified School District schools, Culverdale Elementary (K-6), Westpark Elementary (K-6), South Lake Middle School (7-8), and University High School (9-12). Rated as some of the top in California, these schools will ensure that LUX students are on the fast track to academic achievement and personal enrichment.
The top 10 reasons that the Irvine Unified School District is in a class of its own:
- IUSD high schools have been consistently ranked top in the nation by Newsweek’s “List of America’s Top High Schools.”
- Named top 5 district in the nation for student achievement by the nonprofit Education Cities in 2016.
- Consistently recognized nationally as a “Best Community for Music Education” by the highly regarded National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation.
- IUSD schools have received the National Blue Ribbon Award 15 times since 1982.
- Under new state testing, IUSD has ranked among the highest performing school districts in California in Math and English Language Arts/Literacy, outperforming both Orange County and State score averages.
- IUSD schools have been awarded the California Distinguished Schools/Gold Ribbon designation 70 times since 1986.
- High school SAT scores consistently rank top in Orange County and in the state.
- IUSD students continue to receive top honors at the annual Orange County Science & Engineering Fair, sending the most students to the state competition.
- More than half of the Youth Ensemble Pacific Symphony musicians are IUSD students (152 of 220 musicians), more than any district in the state.
- In 2016, IUSD sent the most students to the California National History Day Competition with several teams advancing and placing at the national competition.
And as a bonus, IUSD campuses are consistently named among the Orange County’s best in the OC Register’s annual evaluation of elementary, middle and high schools. So it’s clear that when it comes to delivering the right balance of a vibrant, urban lifestyle and a safe, academically rigorous school district in which kids thrive, LUX gets straight A’s.